Thursday, October 28, 2010

CUZ I WALK WITH A LIMP LIKE AN OLD SCHOOL PIMP

Good news! Everything looks great! The healing is going well, I'm allowed to start bearing 25lbs/week, working out on the bike (but I have orders to only go 10 min, and I can work that up every week) and I got the A-OK to drive!(AFTER I get my car back from the shop, that is). And I found out my OS goes to the same church I do! Small world...

Here is the newest x-ray I had taken, this morning at my appointment...



NOW...here is the funny part. You see the black circle? Well, if you look hard enough you can see a little dark line from the edge of my body down about an inch or so until you see a little wider piece of screw. Well, I asked Scheid what that was since there was no head to the screw. He looked at me and said "That's not a screw... it's a drillbit." Yup! He said after making the cuts and putting everything in place, he was drilling a hole and the bit broke off, and there was no point in drilling again to go down and try to maneuver it out, so he left it in there. It won't effect me in any way, it's gonna act just like another screw so including the bit, that brings the count to 9!

Now, here is the outside image...


This surgery, has been so much easier! Stephanie was soooo right! The second time around is so much better. Even Scheid said that I'm doing so much better than last time, and even that time around, he said I was recovering better than anyone he had seen before. I can't say how blessed I had been, and I'm so very thankful!

Ok, enough for now...
;-)

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great, Shelly! You're a rockstar! I know you have bad days too, but you really are making the most of this recovery and you got to drive finally, woooooooooooooo!!!!! I've really enjoyed following your progress b/c it is such a positive one. I'm glad that there are nice success stories like yours:) I'm sure you're going to have a nearly perfect walk once you walk down the isle too. And some super hot scars to show off in your bikini on your honeymoon, lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie, I want to do the baet I can to encourage you as you get ready for your surgery. There are hard days, but when you get to see the progress you are making every day, it's so rewarding. There will be a time when one day you can't lift your foot off the floor and the VERY next day you will be able to, and it will be an amazing feeling! You're gonna rock the surgery just as well, I KNOW it! Love you! and yes, I'm looking forward to showing off my battle scars in Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete