Tuesday, October 19, 2010

4 weeks Post-op!!

Yes it's true! I'm 4 weeks post-op today and I'm down to 1 pain pill every few days! I'm really excited! These days I can do almost everything myself, but I do need help getting up and down the stairs and I'm still unable to drive, but I see my dr. next week and I hope he gives me the green flag to drive!

I'm still having trouble sleeping through the night but I can only hope it will get better in time... And this past weekend was not such a good weekend :/ I must have had something bad to eat but I got sick Saturday night and then Sunday and Monday I had horrible heartburn/stomach pain and my mom remembered I had similar trouble last time after surgery with my pain meds giving me an upset stomach at times, but I'm feeling better now and I hope it continues!

Thursday marks 17 wonderful months with Jacob!!! We're leaving Friday morning for IL and we'll be back on Sunday. It will be good to see his family and we're also visiting Chi-town on Saturday with Jason and Michelle and we're going to see baby Luke in the hospital. I'm excited to see Jacob's nephew again.

It's a wonderful time of the year and today was a great example! Mom, Lauren and I packed a picnic lunch, went to Eagle Creek and spent a couple hours looking over the water and having a good time together! the weather was beautiful, the food was great and it was oh.. SOOOOOO nice to be out of the house! Hahah!

Jacob and I had a hard past weekend with news that 3 of the 4 jobs he was interviewing for and waiting on, fell through. It's been a very rough struggle for us and we're really depending on God to get us through these times before the wedding and getting ready for a life together on the right foot. We know the Lord will provide for us, and we have faith something will come along, it's just hard not being able to control our own future but leaving it in the Lord's hands is the best and only option we have. Please keep us in your prayers!

Alright well I'm gonna go watch Friends and relax in bed! (pretty much all I do these days! hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment