Thursday, October 14, 2010

PAIN --- Please go away!

Yesterday was great! No pain at all.......and then it began. From the time I went to sleep at 11:30pm - 5am I woke up 3 times and in horrible pain in my (L)hip and in my back. The third time I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, I had had enough so I took some pain meds (the first time in over 24 hrs) and around 6:30 I fell back asleep an woke up at 8. I hate not being able to sleep at night. and what makes it worse is I am not a back sleeper but that's what I have had to resort to since Sep. 21st, I love to be on my sides or stomach but NOOOOOOO I can't because my sides are still sore from surgery and there is too much pressure if I lay on my stomach.. this blows! Pretty much everything else is going ok though. I'm starting to use my crutches a little every day but most of all, I use the walker. Tomorrow Jacob is taking me to his gym and I hope to get in the pool from some water therapy, and i'm really looking forward to it. to be able to walk around with no help for the first time in almost a month will be an amazing feeling! I can also finally shower without help, but I still need help getting up and down the stairs, getting dressed and putting on shoes and socks.

Not much else to report on... I go see Scheid on the 28th where I HOPE he gives me to OK to drive again, but until then, I go out with my parents or Jacob whenever I get the chance..

Ok.. I'm gonna go read then take a nap...

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up, girl! Amazing you are going out of town at 4 weeks. I'm so glad as I imagine how good it will feel in lifting your spirits.

    I'll see Scheid on the 28th as well for my 9-week check up!

    ReplyDelete