Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankfulness...

(not so much about the hip this time around...)

I am very thankful for what I have been put through these past couple of years. It is hard to say that but when I know that great things will come from it, I am thankful.
I'm thankful for how God has lead me to the place I am right now. From where I was, feeling really lost and alone, to being here now with the people in my life that play real parts in my story; thankful for the healing and strength God has given me with going through 2 major hip surgeries less than 9 months apart from each other; and thankful His love and continued protection, that of which I don't deserve but I am His and He died for me and for that I am forever thankful.

I don't want to sound... prideful(?) here but I want to say I feel that Jacob and I are "maturing" more quickly than a lot of people our age, in the aspect of learning how to deal with issues that lot of people don't deal with (at all) or until after many years of marriage. I'll spare you the details but the one subject I will touch on is the faith it take to believe God works all things together for good. In one day our plans got turned upside down at a time and a way neither of us saw coming and it has changed our lives for good but forever. We have truly been put to the test, time and time again and we know the Lord is telling us to look to Him, lean on Him because we can't make these things happen, but all we can do is look to Him and let God show us the way. Jacob and I look back now even over the past 6 months and see God working in wonderful ways when we weren't sure why things were playing out the way there were. There are so many questions we still need answered but only time will give us the answers we need. All we can do right now is to pray and wait patiently on the Lord, for His way is the only way.

Jacob asked me the other day, if we have never met, where do I think I would be right now. And I answered "Probably in Washington" It's funny because a couple days before that, I had been reading notes I wrote after I moved back to Indiana and I had already been planning on moving back to Bellingham that summer/fall after I finished school. I was going to get a job where I had been working that summer, a place to live, I have family out there, and I love to town, and I really felt I left my heart there when I moved... then 4 days before I graduated college, my brother-in-law tells me of a guy that saw my picture on their fridge and wanted to meet me. From there, well the rest is history and I'm still here in Indy, but it just shows that God may have something for you, and in a split second, your life can change. If my sister had never said "Should we tell her?" I don't know if I would ever have met the man who now, is my Fiance! I'm learning that I don't need to worry about tomorrow, because even if I plan for something, anything can happen.

I'm living today and going to hope God gives me a tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment