Thursday, November 26, 2009

6 weeks..

6 weeks from tomorrow I'll be at the hospital. Eeks! It's kinda scary, well, actually, really scary to think about it being this close. The past month has been much more painful and as much as I'm scared about surgery, I'm happy to know I'll soon be on the path to recovery and if all goes well, the pain will be much less by this time next year.

People ask me what I'm most scared about. I think about it (maybe too much) and it's a lot of little things. Here is the list I have so far (that I can come up with off the top of my head) The fear of the unknown because I have never had to go to the hospital for anything major before. IVs. all the shots. The OR. Not knowing what the pain will feel like after I wake up. Blood clots. Bad progress and not being able to leave the hospital after my 4 days. Infections. Something going wrong during the operation... Please pray that I would let go of my fears and hand this list to the Lord for Him to deal with, and for Him to give me comfort and peace over the next 6 weeks..

Yesterday Jessica and I got together for the morning and we talked a lot about our surgeries. Hers is in 3 weeks and mine is 3 weeks after hers. We both scared our fears, our thoughts, our experiences etc... and just got to know each other a little better. She is a really awesome girl and I'm looking forward to being in recovery with her! Next week we're getting together again for dinner and Ashely is coming along too! There is another girl, Courtney, that is joining us as well. I have never met her but her surgery is also in December, so it's gonna be really cool to have so many friends to talk to about this whole process.

Today was a great day with my family :) For the first time in a long time we were all at my parents house. We had lunch a little early because my sister Katie and her husband were going up to her in laws for dinner so for the afternoon we relaxed, slept and watched football! Around 6 the rest of us went to my sister Laurens house and had pie and watched the first Bourne movie.

Alright well I'm off to bed because I'm getting up in the morning to go shopping with my boyfriend :) Good night and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment