Thursday, January 20, 2011

1 MONTH FROM TODAY!

Yes that's right! 31 days until I become a Mrs., a daughter to another set of parents, a sister to other siblings, an aunt, a wife, a nurturer, and so much more!
Last weekend my mom, sister Katie, Jacob and I all drove to IL for my bridal shower that his mom and Aunt threw for me. It was all Pampered Chef and it was so much fun! We got a bunch of great stuff for our new place but I also got to spend time with his family and their friends. It was also fun to be there with my mom and my sister :) This next weekend my sister Lauren is throwing me another shower here and I can't wait! I can tell already it's going to be a lot of fun!

Jacob starts his job in a few days and for the first week, he actually gets to stay in Indy so we get to hang out for 1 more week before he moves to Chicago. But then we will only be apart for 3 weeks until I get to be with him in Chicago.

I have seen my Dr. since my last post and he said everything is going really well. I don't have to go back to see him until 2012! woohoo :) Pain has been great, but only after really long days, does my right hip hurt a little but my left has done so well. Jacob was really worried about going to Hawaii this soon after surgery because he didn't want me to be uncomfortable and in lots of pain but heck! I'll be on some of the most amazing beaches, how could that be bad!? Haha

I have also been pretty sick since Christmas. I have only started to get better this past week. It started off as a sore throat right before Christmas but then turned to hives. After my first break out, I had fever blisters, then I lost my voice, had an awful cough, back to a sore throat, throwing up, hives/rash again, chills, fever, cough and now I'm FINALLY starting to feel normal. I went to the Dr. and they did a bunch of blood work and they couldn't find anything wrong. I broke out at the Dr.'s office so they saw the rash but they had no clue what it was. I just pray it never comes back. It was NOT a fun thing to go through in the span of 2 and 1/2 weeks.

Today has been a snow day. A day to stay in my comfy clothes, do some wedding planning and just watch the snow fall to the ground and build up a wonderful white blanket of snow all around me. It's been so peaceful, and a wonderful time to think. I started reading this book last night, "For Woman Only". I couldn't put it down and it was the first thing I picked up this morning when I woke up. Jacob has the "For Men Only" book and his friend's wife let me borrow her copy and I love it (and I'm only on chapter 4!) I'm excited to learn more about how I can be more supportive, respectful, and loving towards my husband. I know I have my life to figure that out but I'm excited to always learn more.

31 days to go! I can not wait! <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Kailey and I have been diagnosed with bilateral hip dysplasia and have been reading up on many peoples blogs about their ordeals with dysplasia. Congratulations on getting married by the way! I just thought I'd write to you and possibly get some feed back as you are the youngest hip dysplasia person I have found yet and the closest to my age. I am 22 and am graduating university in May and will be having my LPAO in June!
    Kailey

    ReplyDelete