Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a weekend!

How did I get to only being 2 days away from my second PAO???? When Krystal and I first started the countdown, we started at like 107 days.. now I'm down to 2?!?! oh boy.

I'm ready for surgery and at the same time I'm not. My feelings about it keep going up and down, up then back down again. On Thursday, Jacob, my parents, and I went to the church and had an elder and bunch of staff members pray over me as we did that last time and even the Bible tells us to ask for prayers from the elders of the church. In James it says " Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up." I can be a testimony and say this is very true. At one of my appointments about a month after my first surgery my Dr. said he hadn't seen someone recover from this procedure as quickly as I had and I give all the Glory to my Heavenly Father! He really did touch me, heal me and has made me better and I owe Him everything I have.
This time around Jacob won't be at the hospital when I go into the OR but he will be there later that night so I guess I have something to look forward to ;-) But I'll have Oscar with me so I guess I'll have a "part" of him with me. Haha!
I do want to take a moment and thank my parents for ALLLLL that have done for me, did for me and are getting ready to help me all over again! I know I wasn't always an easy person to take care of and I know they put up with a lot of my emotions last time and I want to tell them I LOVE them so much and I'm sooo thankful to have them as parents, who love me and will do what they can to take care of me as I go through this process all over again! I love you both!!

Today was an amazing day! I got to be a part of and witness 2 friends come together as 1! Emily and Nick had such an amazing and beautiful wedding! Congrats and I love you both!
Friday was my last day of work until I go back in November and it was actually kinda sad to clock out when it was time to leave.

I do feel like I have a TON of stuff to get done before I go to the hospital Tuesday morning. Lots of emails to send off for the wedding, a class, dinner and game date with my (amazing and WONDERFUL)Fiance, then I have a date Monday morning with my sis and a dinner date with my friend Lauren.
I'm going to do my best to get out and enjoy these next couple days! Please keep me in your prayers as I get my mind and body ready these next couple days. I'll be sure to update once more before surgery.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment