Saturday, August 7, 2010

August!

Wow. Can you believe it's already August? I know, I know, almost every other person is saying that right now but it's true! What seemed like a couple weeks ago I was heading home from work and little did I know I was going to be engaged by the end of the night! and that was LAST YEAR! And look at me now! Tomorrow is my 7 month post-op date, I heading into surgery again in just over 6 weeks, my 24th birthday is a week after my surgery and I'm getting married in under 200 days! I can't believe it. This year is FLYING by!

That being said, the Hippie Union is starting this Wednesday and going on through Sunday! Sadly, I had to step out of the Chicago part of the Union, because of finances (and it TOTALLY SUCKS!) I was soooooo looking forward to seeing the girls and hanging with them for a few days up there but I still get to see them on Saturday we're having a BIG girls slumber party on Saturday night and it's gonna ROCK!

I have like 45 days until my surgery. :/ In just over a week I'm giving my first unit of blood and on Sep. 1st, I'll be giving my second unit. My mom thinks I should only give 1 unit (so I don't loose too much blood before surgery), but seeing as last time, the first time I sat up out of bed, I passed out and the second time I got out of bed in 3 days, my BP dropped to like 80, I think I'll stick with 2 units! Other than that I'm not too worried about surgery. I'm ready to get it over with and be on the path to recovery... again! I have a goal to be off my crutches and my cain by new years so we'll see how that goes!

I'm also not looking forward to that possibility that Jacob might not be around very much for my recovery and that really sucks :( (more details to come later..) Besides God and my parents, he was the next best thing that got me through the first recovery.... *Sigh* :'( ok.. moving on...

I'm anxious to start wedding planning again! I had a dream last night that everyone in the wedding party was wearing Colts apparel, we were getting married in the produce section of Kroger and all the groomsmen were dancing to a choreographed routine... I was quite depressed in the dream and woke up thinking of everything I have to get done just so THAT DREAM does not happen!
Oh and Emily is getting married 3 days before my surgery! I'm so happy for her and Nick! And to be a part of her wedding is a true honor :) It's exciting to think that 6 years ago we hardly knew each other and now we're both in each others weddings! *sniff sniff* we're growing up.

Ok I'm sure there is more to be said but now I need to get off my computer, jump in bed and turn out my lights...
until next time..
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment